Shipment of Cremated Remains
In order to ship cremated remains to France, you must provide this Consulate General with the following documents :
· A certified copy of the death certificate issued by the Department of Public Health (Registrar of the County where death occured).
· A certificate of cremation and permit for disposal of human remains issued by the Department of Public Health.
· An authorization filled out by a relative or the person legally appointed to request the shipment of human remains; duly signed.
· A credit card payment authorization to cover the Chancery fee of issuance of a permit.
· An affidavit from the Crematory stating that the deceased was cremated and placed in the urn containing only the remains of the deceased.
The urn containing the ashes should be made of plastic, the lid sealed, and bear, on the outside, an identification tag with the references of the death certificate or the name of the deceased.
Click here for important information.
Kindly arrange at least two days in advance, with an officer of this Consulate General, an appointment for the sealing of the urn to be performed at our location (firstname.lastname@example.org).