|Due to a high number of applicants and limited appointment slots during the months of May, June, July, August and December, we strongly suggest to apply at least 2 weeks before your departure or earlier.|
Please check every day for appointment available on our appointment schedule as appointments slots open one day at a time.
If you do not find an earlier appointment, please check periodically on the appointment system for any cancellations. If an appointment is cancelled, you will see an available date appear on the system.
Thank you for your patience and your understanding.
BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE READ THE CHAPTER OF THE VISA YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AND GATHER ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A VISA
INCOMPLETE FILES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
Each applicant must show proof that they reside in the Los Angeles consulate’s jurisdiction : Southern California, Arizona, Colorado, Southern Nevada, New Mexico.
APPLICANTS WHO RESIDE IN A CITY OR STUDY AT A SCHOOL OUTSIDE OF OUR JURISDICTION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Every applicant must apply in person and must make an appointment on our website. Fingerprints must be taken in our premises in Los Angeles.
- One appointment = one person (for instance, family of four must take four appointments).
- Children under the age of 6 are not required to be present if applying for a LONG STAY visa, however an appointment has to be booked under their name. Children under the age of 12 are not required to be present if applying for a SCHENGEN visa, however an appointment has to be booked under their name.
- Only the applicant is admitted to enter the premises of the Consulate, unless the visa applicant is a minor. Minor applicants have to be accompanied by their mother or father or legal guardian for the personal interview.
- Please note that there is no waiting area in front of the Consulate for friends or relatives who are not admitted for the interview. No food allowed, no large luggages, and all electronic devices must be turned off.
- Do not be late : if you show up more than 15 minutes late, you must reschedule or re-book a new appointment. Please plan transportation and traffic accordingly.
- One appointment per person only: due to the high number of applicants, the French Consulate reserves the right to cancel appointments made by the same person on the same day (or even on two different dates).
- Due to a limited amount of appointments, we will NOT answer questions regarding appointment availabilities.
- To print your confirmation page, you can log into the appointment system and reprint your appointment confirmation page. You will need your LAX confirmation number and passport number.
- Honorary consuls of France in Albuquerque, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix & San Diego do not accept visa applications.