Job at the Consulate General
The Consulate General of France in Los Angeles is seeking a full-time chef at the Residence of France.
Position available on October 1st 2016
Details of the main activities:
• Organization and Management of the kitchen of the residence, for events at the Residence and the Consulate.
• Preparation of meals with different format: breakfast, lunch, tea, cocktails, dinner and gala, from 2 to over 300 guests: on a plate or in a buffet.
• Conception of menus according to recommendations and different aspects (the profile of the guests, market cost, seasons, special diets, highlight French cuisine, etc.).
• Purchase groceries, order verification, cost management, find new suppliers with products matching the requirments for French cuisine, search recipes to share online, look for sponsors for themed recipes.
• Search for sellers for the Residence and functions, receptions and meals needs.
• Attend calendar and coordination meetings with the different services of the consulate and external suppliers (caterers or others).
• Maintenance of the kitchen equipment and facilities. Clean the kitchen.
• Annual inventory of kitchen equipment.
• Search of seasonal products in local markets for the development of menus.
• Market for the Residence, according to the budget.
• Collaboration with the Head Waiter for event organization, topic, logistics, cost, etc.
Required profile :
• Degree from an Hotel School in France. Several successful experiences working in a kitchen. Good knowledge in pastry. Need to know the designations to set the menus.
• Member of one or more French Professional associations: Académie Culinaire, Maîtres Cuisiniers de France, etc.
• Sense of teamwork, need to show creativity, adaptability, autonomy and be responsible.
• Excellent communication skills in English ; French a plus and Spanish will be valued.
• Respect for the rules of confidentiality and professional discretion.
• Respect the hierarchy.
• Authorization of residence and the work permit in the US (American, French-American dual citizenship or green card resident).
Applications (cover letter , curriculum vitae , copy of a valid ID and if applicable, a copy of the resident card) must be sent no later than September 15th, 2016 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org