Job offer at the Consulate General of France [fr]
Position to be filled on May, 10th 2016
The Consulate General of France in Los Angeles is currently seeking to recruit a full-time Maître d’hôtel – who will also be in charge of the Residence de France service and maintenance.
● Organizing and setting up the event at the Residence (lunchs, cocktails, dinners, conferences, concerts, July 14th, etc). Recruiting the additional staff required for those events.
● Receiving and Serving VIPs guests at the Residence guesthouse and guests participating at the event.
● Assist with the Residence maintenance and housekeeping (cleaning, minor maintenance work, monitoring of reparation and renovation works)
● Decorating the Residence (floral decoration for the house and the events)
● Preparating and serving meals
● Washing and ironing clothes
● Managing the cloakroom during the events organized at the Consulate
● Cleaning the household linen after the receptions
● Cleaning the Residence after the receptions
● Having experience in these fields is compulsory
● Excellent communication skills in English, potential Spanish and/or French knowledge is a valued asset
● Observance of confidentiality rules and professional discretion
● Ability to work in a team
● Precision, organization, ability to handle simultaneous projects
● Thorough knowledge of the local professional life customs
● Flexibility in work schedules
● American citizenship, franco-american dual citizenship or a green card for permanent residency is mandatory
The applications (resume, cover letter, copy of a valide ID, copy of the green card or the american passeport) have to be sent on May, 13th 2016 at the latest electronically to : email@example.com